Friday, October 5, 2012

Why do you think Gatsby is so secretive about where he got his wealth?

3 comments:

  1. I believe that Gatsby is just the kind of person who isn't trying to be better than everyone else, but to rather try and fit in as much as he can. His parties weren't just for Daisy's attention, but I think he wanted people to like him. It seems as if he is a little odd, and people already think his parties are extravagant, so he doesn't want to explain as to where he got his wealth. Hoping the guests will be too intoxicated to care where he got his wealth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that he is so secreitive about where he got his wealth because it may not have been llegal. OR it couldve been llegal it just might have been something very common and then many people would try and get money just like him. that is why i think that gastby is so secritive about his wealth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Gatsby tries to hide how he got his wealth because he obtained his large fortune illegally. I think this because Gatsby is the type of person to brag a lot, and exaggerate his stories. If Gatsby got his money from doing something legal, he would tell that story to everybody. Like I was saying, if Gatsby could talk about how he got his wealth, he would, and Nick would already know.

    ReplyDelete